your journey starts
right here right now
The Genesis Network™ uses Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – 2020, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.
Genesis Network™ | GAME ECONOMY - WORK IN PROGRESS | (8.8.2020)
- Had recently economy significantly extended (4 additional resources, 4 new classes of upgradeable unit abilities) - some UI wiring/Code mirroring still needed;
- Complicated issues were made first - training, upgrade queues, save.load, dynamic UIs
- Simple issues were left for last and are currently unfinished - main UI animations/configuration. building placement, construction sequence, procedural structures;
- 100% Blueprints;
- ZERO Event Tick/UMG Bind;
- On demand cycles, most timed at 1s, few at 0.02s, manual UI updates;
- Minimum size for save/upload packages - data is translated and only the essential, non-retrievable information is saved; Per Class Box: ID = item/instance index;
- All game progressions - numeric, text, textures, actors - are csv spreadsheet imports;
- Flexible architecture - after replacing core components, only a few days are necessary to get back to full functionality;
- All interfaces are dynamic, all items are buffered and recycled, even between different menus - no accumulated garbage;
- Modular, reusable, versatile, multi-functional components; easy to refactor, change, extend, replace;
- Everything on the map is props, all data is processed in less than 15 specialized modules; they can handle hundreds of in-game objects;
- Custom/Dynamic Day/Night/Environment controller;
- Unified architecture - similar modules have similar design;
- Procedural structures using instanced meshes for repetitive items for accurate placement/performance;
- Cryptic Gallery™ - Physical art, integration as digitized media;
MOST NOTABLE FEATURE
- Extremely long game upgrade timeline - more than 400.000 upgrades to perform.
- Game Economy (GE) → Combat Systems (CS) → Server Structuring (SS) → Game Ready (GR);
- Multiple gameplay modes, from simple to complex;
- We are making a game and sharing our progress;
- Bridging the gap between multi-functional engines and turn key projects - it takes a tremendous amount of time to build large projects with minuscule teams;
- Made by 3 people, 2 working full time on the project for 3 years;
- Very difficult to achieve - poor architecture leads to infinite branching, infeasible to maintain and extend;
- Fully self funded to date, but extremely limited in resources capping overall potential;
Many thanks to Epic Games and the amazing game development community sharing information and tutorials. This is for all of you.
Copyright © 2020
Nibiru Entertainment Corp™
All Rights Reserved
The Genesis Network™ uses Unreal Engine. Unreal is a trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere. Unreal Engine, Copyright 1998 - 2020, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.